Each dog’s owner will probably agree that thanks to four-legged friends the world is more beautiful and people are more healthy and cheerful. Below there are some facts confirming positive influence of animals on people.
- Dogs’ owners are more resistant to stress. They do not suffer from sleeplessness, get angry less frequently, become more cheerful.
- They change their voice tone when they are with their pets. They facial expression is friendlier, they smile more often and are much calmer.
- Those who devote time to their animals tend to spend more time with other people than people who do not have animals.
- Animals’ company have therapeutic influence on a person. Especially in case or elderly people or those suffering from depression. Animals’ presence helps reduce the sense of loneliness and sadness and motivates to interact with others more often.
- Animal owners are not only more cheerful, but also more responsible.
- Dog owners walking their pets spend more time in the fresh air than people who do not own animals. It positively influences not only their fitness, but also general physical and mental state. Additionally, it helps establish new relationships.
- Dog owners get ill less frequently, which is confirmed by research carried out by scientists from different countries, such as the USA, Australia and Germany. It has been proved that communing with dogs reduce a risk of heart attack, stimulates blood circulation and metabolism, helps in losing weight, lowers blood pressure and the level of “bad” cholesterol, relieves effects of rheumatism and joint problems. It seems quite obvious, since these ailments are connected with exercise deficiency, which dog owner is not endangered with.
Dogs can detect a low level of glucose concentration in the blood of their owners suffering from diabetes. Dog’s sensitive smell detects changes in blood’s content. Another explanation may be that animals have reacted to muscle shaking which appear in people in critical state.